Fungus Gnats are tiny insects that live in the soil…
Here are a few tips for growing the best tomatoes.
1. Before planting, improve your soil by mixing Cotton Boll Compost into your existing soil.
2. Set the plant slightly deeper than the container.
3. Water with a starter solution immediately after planting. We recommend Ferti-lome Blooming and Rooting.
4. Apply a layer of organic mulch 2-3 weeks after planting. Use shallow cultivation near the plants to scrape away any small weeds.
5. Fertilize when the first fruit on the plant is about the size of a walnut. This will usually improve yields and lengthen the harvest period.
6. Cold nights early in the growth period or hot, dry windy weather may cause blossom damage or blossom drop. Irregular shaped fruit may develop from early cold periods.
Print this page