This evergreen tree can be grown as a screen or specimen plant. It has long green needles, which add to winter interest, and is tolerant of a wide variety of soils. It prefers full sun and cannot tolerate waterlogged soil. This pine comes in a variety of varieties and sizes.
- ‘Indigo Eyes’ Bluish cones that mature to brown, growing 15-20 feet tall and 10-15 feet wide.
- ‘Irish Bell’ Compact and pyramidal, growing to 12 feet tall and wide.
- ‘Iseli Fastigiate’ Upright branches on a columnar tree, growing 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide.
- ‘Mint Truffles’ Very compact branching and well-behaved habit, growing to 15 feet tall and 8 feet wide.
- ‘Satellite’ Densely branched and upright in form. Grows 12-15 feet tall and 6-8 feet wide.